Thursday 7 March 2013

Seeing the Light



As soon as we'd ordered the kitchen I swiftly lost interest, as I do every time I have an idea, it's really bad of me I know but I am flighty and changeable, I just can't help it, this is one reason I've never had a tattoo. Here follows some proof of my inability to make a decision and stick by it.

As I said in the last post we've removed the mid 90's office ceiling, what we've lost in quantity of lights, we've made up for in ceiling height, we've gained about a foot on the room and so this means we get to have a new light. When we got married last year we were given vouchers for all sorts of places, all of which we spent except some M&S ones, I decided I'd look to them for a new light, then it would technically be free... I ordered this but when it arrived it had some slight faults around the base, faults I thought I could ignore

Product Image

At least I thought I could ignore them until we happened to call to Ikea on the way home from a trip to York when I saw this. Ian liked it more than the M&S one, which if I'm honest, I bought mainly because it was the only thing I liked enough to buy.

OTTAVA Pendant lamp IKEA Shade of mouth blown glass; each shade is unique. Downward light, suitable for instance over a dining table.


I think it's got more of kitchen look - not something which I would usually consider, you know since I have a bust of Queen Victoria in my bathroom - but also the metal will go well with the stainless steel oven and hob and the door handles we've bought are also stainless steel so it'll all tie in quite nicely.

It was all fine until I saw this in B&Q and wished I hadn't




(photograph my own)

Just look at it, yes it's ridiculous and a bit ugly but good god it's brilliant. It was cheaper than the Ikea light too. 

Sense took over, a trip all the way to Ikea to return light number two was a stupid idea, the cost in fuel would be more than the difference in cost in the light and besides, the one we've chosen has exposed wingnuts something which Ian was very much enamoured with so we've kept the Ikea light. 

Told you I was flighty

No comments:

Post a Comment