Thursday 4 April 2013

Miraculously, a non-kitchen related post

No really, nothing to do with the kitchen, well nothing except that the current project is cluttering up the kitchen, that is. I digress...

Have you heard of an Ikea hack? They're all over the internet, http://www.ikeahackers.net/. Now, I don't know if I've mentioned before but I'm quite particular about my furniture, a lot of what we own is old, it's either second hand in that it's been passed down to us by relatives or friends or it's been bought from junk shops or charity shops. It's not that we couldn't afford anything new, we just like old things. Anyway, our bedroom furniture is in need of expansion, we've outgrown all our storage and during a painful trip to Ikea one Saturday night (we know how to live) I stumbled across something I thought I could adapt. 

RAST Chest of 3 drawers IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material.

Ikea Rast Chest of Drawers £20.00 (source)

So the plan is that we have one of these each at the side of the bed to use as storage and also as bedside tables, the only problem is they're not the prettiest of pieces and this is where the hack comes in. Armed with some primer, sandpaper, paint and some more interesting handles, I'm hopefully going to transform these units into something an awful lot prettier. I don't hold out much hope for being able to do a very good job with them but I'm going to give it a go. 

Now, I'm off to Pinterest for some inspiration. Check out that link, by the way, there are some really good examples of what you can do with a bit of time and imagination.

Oh, and that skull cushion from my last post? The last one in the shop can now be found on our bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment